From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2018-01-02 (Tuesday)
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 08:02:53 -0800
On 2018-01-03 13:12:59 +0000, Obveeus said:

> What did you watch?

After getting back from my sister's after a one-day trip, I watched:

Wanted (The Netflix) - Episodes #1.3 & 1.4. I didn't care for these
episodes as much as the first two, unfortunately. These two episodes
relied way too much on plot contrivances, something the first two
episodes had cleverly avoided...
   Anyway, we finally get filled in on the details of "Lola's" former
life. We also learn a couple of new details about Chelsea (though we
still haven't learned why she embezzled the money, and if she still has
access to it, yet...). But, in the short-term, they've lost the car
with the money.
   And, and Boke is a very, very bad man...

Tini: The New Life of Violetta (The Netflix) - A movie that shares
almost nothing in common with the original "Violetta" telenovela,
except for 5 characters with names identical to the series, but
virtually all of them act nothing like they did on the show!... Yeah,
not only was this filmed differently than the show, tonally it was also
basically nothing like the show. (The most jarring change was in the
character of Ludmilla - the character acted (and sounded!) nothing like
they did on the show, and actress Mercedes Lambre looked about 10 years
older!) And there was basically no fun in the brief mustache twirling
we got from Sofia Carson, either... And I hated the "name chance"
ending...  >:/
   The other thing that sucked here was the music - what happened to
the peppy, upbeat songs we got from the TV series?!! Pretty much
everything here was a mopey ballad!...  :/
   Considering this had almost nothing in common with the show, this is
hopefully the last "spin-off" movie they try from "Violetta".
   However, Italian actress Beatrice Arnera who played new Violetta
cohort Miranda is quite striking - I hope she gets drafted over into
American film and TV, pronto!!  ;)

Within (one of the Cinemaxes) - AKA. "Crawlsapce". I watched this
because it starred Erin Moriarty (of "Red Widow" and "Jessica Jones"
fame), and she looks great here. However, this flick is bad... About
the only compliment I can pay them is that they surprised me by not
going the "supernatural" route in explaining what was going on... But
this is another "horror"-type flick in which the ending totally sucked.
(And it was pointless too - within a few hours, the cops would have
figured out what had happened, and would have been back...) A "Do NOT
Recommend" on this, unless you're dying to see some glimpses of a
scantily clad Moriarity....

Recorded for later: LA to Vegas (series premiere), Chicago Med, and
Layover (some obscure flick with Alexandra Daddario abd Kate Upton that
I recorded off Cinemax...).