From: Obveeus <>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2018-01-02 (Tuesday)
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 11:03:32 -0500
On 1/3/2018 9:45 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 1/3/2018 5:12 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>> I watched:
>> LA TO VEGAS:  The pilot episode for this new FOX series about a plane
>> full of idiots that travels back and forth between Los Angeles and Las
>> Vegas.  Given how short that flight is, I have no idea how they find
>> so much time to wander around the plane.  In any case, this was really
>> bad.   One and done for me.
> I didn't even bother to sample.

You made the correct call.

>> and though I agreed with his political/social opinions about almost
>> everything, I didn't find his delivery entertaining or his attempts to
>> spin jokes on the subject matter at all successful.  He seems to spend
>> most of his stage time telling the audience that he is funny and
>> successful.  As a result, I didn't even bother with THE BIRD
>> REVELATION, so I didn't get to much of anything regarding the sexual
>> harassment in Hollywood stuff.
> Now that you mention it, I guess I only watched Equanimity too.  When it
> was over I didn't see an option to watch The Bird Revelation.  Just
> added to the queue.

I read this morning that the two specials are very different in
tone/content due to the different venues.  The first special (the one I
watched) is a big theater so the comedy is much more mainstream.  I
guess that the second special is the one that is getting more
attention...or at least angering more niche groups.