> Prev
From: hancock4 <hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com>
Subject: WPX: In interview, Trump made 24 false or misleading claims
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 11:19:51 -0800 (PST)
From: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com

President Trump gave an impromptu half-hour interview with the
New York Times on Dec. 28. We combed through the transcript and
here’s a quick roundup of the false, misleading or dubious
claims that he made, at a rate of one every 75 seconds.
(Some of the interview was off the record, so it’s possible
the rate of false claims per minute is higher.)

  “They made the Russian story up as a hoax, as a ruse, as
  an excuse for losing an election that in theory Democrats
  should always win with the electoral college. The electoral
  college is so much better suited to the Democrats.”

Trump is falsely labeling nonpartisan investigations as
made up by Democrats. The CIA concluded in 2016 that Russia
intervened in the U.S. presidential election to help elect
Trump, an assessment backed up by FBI Director James B.
Comey and then-Director of National Intelligence James R.
Clapper Jr. As we noted, the intelligence community
released a declassified report expressing “high confidence”
in this judgment. Senate and House committees led by
Republicans have begun their own investigations, and a
special prosecutor has been appointed. Meanwhile,
Democrats obviously do not have an electoral college
lock. According to a tally by John Pitney of Claremont
McKenna College, every Republican president since
Rutherford B. Hayes in 1876 won a larger share of the
electoral college votes than Trump, with the exception
of George W. Bush (twice) and Richard Nixon in 1968
  “I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than
  the greatest C.P.A. I know the details of health care better
  than most, better than most.”

Lawmakers who dealt with Trump on taxes and especially health
care privately told reporters they were shocked how little he
knew about these issues.
  “We see the drugs pouring into the country, we need the wall.”

The wall will have virtually no effect on drugs coming into the
country. According to reports by the Drug Enforcement
Administration, the majority of drugs are smuggled through
legal ports of entry or smuggled through underground tunnels.
Trump previously earned Four Pinocchios for this claim, but
he keeps saying it.

full article at: