From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2018-02-08 (Thursday)
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 11:07:45 -0500
On 2/9/2018 9:30 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2018-02-09 13:20:45 +0000, Obveeus said:
>
>> A GHOST STORY:  A 2017 film starring a bedsheet as a ghost.  this film
>> has very little dialog and very little internal logic.  I cannot
>> imagine how audiences sat in the theater and survived this pointless
>> tale stretched out over 90 minutes for effect.  This is not high art.
>> This is not clever.  This is not intelligent.  Casey Affleck and
>> Rooney Mara provide supporting characters, but really this whole film
>> is just about a bed sheet standing around and doing nothing.
>
> This sounds like something I'd like a lot more than you would.

I don't think so.  Hint:  it isn't 'horror' at all.

> The Magicians (recorded) - "A Life in the Day" (ep. #3.5). This was an
> odd little episode. To continue their "Quest" for the next key, Quentin
> and Eliot end up having to live an entire life (in an alternate
> timeline) - it was nice to see Rose Lipton again here, though, and the
> actress that played Quentin's "wife" (Kylee Bush?) was quite attractive.
> Meanwhile, both Kady and Penny have a very bad day. Margo's life gets
> crappier (but at least now Dina Meyer is her mother-in-law!!). And
> Julia's and Alice's story was confusing - Julia was told to help Alice,
> but all she did was help herself!... Still, it looks like Julia and
> Alice might consider a "magic switch".

Alice is very clearly still a drug addict (for magic) in a dangerously
obsessive way.  Giving her magic seems like a bad idea.

I also wondered, if they can find a way to travel between past-fillory
(the clock) and back (back being the still unknown part, but a button or
something could solve that) then couldn't they travel with some magic
batteries and charge them up for use in the now magic-lite Earth domain?

> Recorded for later: Thursdays are pretty dead right now, so nuthin'...

15million people tuned in for the Olympics.  I guess it was like early
rounds of AMERICAN IDOL (the old one, not the higher class reboot
coming) where there were lots of people failing and that was the reason
to watch.