From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2018-02-08 (Thursday)
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 11:12:20 -0500
On 2/9/2018 10:44 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p5kb97$2ki$2@dont-email.me>,
>   Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-02-09 13:20:45 +0000, Obveeus said:
>>
>>> A GHOST STORY:  A 2017 film starring a bedsheet as a ghost.  this film
>>> has very little dialog and very little internal logic.  I cannot
>>> imagine how audiences sat in the theater and survived this pointless
>>> tale stretched out over 90 minutes for effect.  This is not high art.
>>> This is not clever.  This is not intelligent.  Casey Affleck and Rooney
>>> Mara provide supporting characters, but really this whole film is just
>>> about a bed sheet standing around and doing nothing.
>>
>> This sounds like something I'd like a lot more than you would.
>
> IMDb score 6.9, so it's way out of your bailiwick.

....and I have no idea why such a tiny concept gets a 'high' score.

Speaking of IMDB scores, the Daddario Netflix film, WHEN WE FIRST MET,
is up to a 6.8, though with only 112 votes.  That is a far cry from the
10,000+ votes that THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX got in its first day...and
the 6.8 puts it out of Ian's sweet spot for now.