> Prev
From: EGK <me@privacy.net>
Subject: Altered Carbon
From: EGK <me@privacy.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 12:21:55 -0500
Did anyone else finish altered Carbon on Netflix?    I wanted to like this
show a lot more than I actually did.   It sure didn't make me want to read
the book by the time it ended.  It was a convoluted mess for the most part.
The motive of the main villain had me scratching my head even while they
kept repeating it over and over.

It reminded me of the first season of The Expanse.   That show got way
better after the plots started to come together.  I kept waiting for Altered
Carbon to be like that and it never jelled.  The final episodes seemed
rushed.

I think Altered Carbon would have benefited a lot from a linear storyline
but I guess shows don't like to do that anymore.   It makes too much sense
and we need more style over substance in TV shows.  <rolling eyes>