From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: Re: Altered Carbon
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 12:58:36 -0500
On 2/9/2018 12:21 PM, EGK wrote:
> Did anyone else finish altered Carbon on Netflix?    I wanted to like this
> show a lot more than I actually did.   It sure didn't make me want to read
> the book by the time it ended.  It was a convoluted mess for the most part.
> The motive of the main villain had me scratching my head even while they
> kept repeating it over and over.
>
> It reminded me of the first season of The Expanse.   That show got way
> better after the plots started to come together.  I kept waiting for Altered
> Carbon to be like that and it never jelled.  The final episodes seemed
> rushed.
>
> I think Altered Carbon would have benefited a lot from a linear storyline
> but I guess shows don't like to do that anymore.   It makes too much sense
> and we need more style over substance in TV shows.  <rolling eyes>

It was a handsome production -- enough so that I'll likely tune in for a
Season #2.  But, yes, the narrative structure, as well as the nature of
the premise, were pretty "demanding".  Also, for that much work, I'd
have liked a deeper plot with more insights... and fewer spin-kicks...

--

   YOUR taste at work...