From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Today's premieres and other notes (Friday, Feb. 9)
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 13:25:27 -0700
In article<fe6b1dFbqpdU1@mid.individual.net>,
 Robin Miller<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> The Ritual         (movie)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Reuniting after the tragic death of their best mate, four old friends
> from university set out to hike through the Scandinavian wilderness. But
> a wrong turn leads them into the dark and mysterious forests of Norse
> legend, where an ancient evil still exists and stalks them at every
> turn. Starring Arsher Ali, Francesca Mula, Hilary Reeves, Jacob James
> Beswick, Kerri McLean, Maria Erwolter, Matthew Needham, Paul Reid, Peter
> Liddell, Rafe Spall, Rob James-Collier, and Sam Troughton.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfugwq2uoa0
>
> http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-ritual     [Metacritic score 58]
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80217312

The Netflix was hard selling this this morning and it sounded like
something The Peach would like, so I added it ...

> When We First Met        (movie)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Groundhog Day-like

Well, more than 'like' since he does exact bits from the earlier film

 story finds Adam Devine given multiple chances to woo
> the girl of his dreams (Alexandra Daddario) before she marries someone else.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2sJNee7FQ4
>
> http://www.metacritic.com/movie/when-we-first-met        [Metacritic
> score 35]
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80117531

This is working so far because Daddario is so impossibly cute that you
realize you'd travel through time for a second chance with her too.

Her roommate pulls off the impossible, in being *that* much close to
being as cute and attractive as the Daddario herself.

> Separated at Birth      (movie)         (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Lucy Pierce discovers she was abducted as a child and tracks down her
> biological mother, a criminal prosecutor running for Governor of
> Pennsylvania. The family reunion spirals out of control as Lucy faces
> the jealousy of her newfound sister and finds herself in the middle of a
> police investigation. Paige Turco, Brittany Allen, Dominique
> Provost-Chalkley, Jayne Heitmeyer

Wow, *there's* a name from the past.

> 		Tomorrow's advance notes
>

> Very, Very Valentine        (movie)        (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Helen, a kind-hearted and shy florist, meets the perfect man at a
> Valentine's Masquerade Ball. When she enlists the help of her best
> friend Henry to track him down, she finds that her perfect man may
> already be right in front of her. Stars Danica McKellar

I quit watching after McProbie got her killed.

thanks> --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/