From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Subject: Re: Today's premieres and other notes (Friday, Feb. 9)
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 12:41:32 -0800
On 2018-02-09 19:27:34 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> The Ritual         (movie)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Reuniting after the tragic death of their best mate, four old friends
> from university set out to hike through the Scandinavian wilderness.
> But a wrong turn leads them into the dark and mysterious forests of
> Norse legend, where an ancient evil still exists and stalks them at
> every turn. Starring Arsher Ali, Francesca Mula, Hilary Reeves, Jacob
> James Beswick, Kerri McLean, Maria Erwolter, Matthew Needham, Paul
> Reid, Peter Liddell, Rafe Spall, Rob James-Collier, and Sam Troughton.

Based on the cast, I'm guessing British. I may eventually get to this...

> When We First Met        (movie)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Groundhog Day-like story finds Adam Devine given multiple chances to
> woo the girl of his dreams (Alexandra Daddario) before she marries
> someone else.

Oui, oui!!  :)

> XXIII Olympic Winter Games Opening Ceremony        (special) (8-11 pm, NBC)
>
> Tape-delayed broadcast is hosted by Katie Couric. The ceremony will
> also stream live online earlier in the day.

Never!!

> Separated at Birth      (movie)         (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Lucy Pierce discovers she was abducted as a child and tracks down her
> biological mother, a criminal prosecutor running for Governor of
> Pennsylvania. The family reunion spirals out of control as Lucy faces
> the jealousy of her newfound sister and finds herself in the middle of
> a police investigation. Paige Turco, Brittany Allen, Dominique
> Provost-Chalkley, Jayne Heitmeyer, and Carrie-Lynn Neales star.

I like the cast. But the promo ad and the subject matter are a turn
off. I suppose I'll watch, but I'm not sure....  :|

> 		Tomorrow's advance notes
>

> The Wrong Nanny     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When adopted Blake McGill finally finds her birth mother, Stella
> Armstrong, and discovers she has the picture perfect family life with a
> loving husband and newborn twins, Blake goes to great lengths to make
> her way back into the family as their new nanny. She'll do anything to
> fill that dark void that longs for her mother's affections, and no one
> can stop her, even if it means murder. Lindsey Hartley, Freya Tingley,
> Brody Hutsler, and Bree Williamson star. [Listed as a premiere by
> Lifetime, but it was shown on LMN on Dec. 29.]

Yes. But it was amusing enough, that I may watch it again - Tingley
plays a pretty good psycho.  ;)

> Game Shakers      (season 3 premiere; special time)        (8:30 pm,
> Nickelodeon)
>
> Regular time is 7 pm Sunday beginning Feb. 18.

Jace Norman is guest-starring on this one, if anyone cares...

> Very, Very Valentine        (movie)        (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Helen, a kind-hearted and shy florist, meets the perfect man at a
> Valentine's Masquerade Ball. When she enlists the help of her best
> friend Henry to track him down, she finds that her perfect man may
> already be right in front of her. Stars Danica McKellar, Cameron
> Mathison and Damon Runyan.
> --Robin

Pass.