From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Altered Carbon
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 15:43:12 -0500
On 2/9/2018 3:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p5ktdg$bpq$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/9/2018 1:37 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> Ob and I have a long detailed discussion about it over on
>>> What Did You Watch? 2018-02-07 (Wednesday)
>>>
>>>     I wanted to like this
>>>
>>> It actually makes me want to read the book, because I know the TV writer
>>> to be an incompetent fool, and the redits say she tossed the book anyway.
>>>
>>>    It was a convoluted mess for the most part.
>>>
>>> Ob and I are discussing that too.  :)  Please join in!

>>> In that they were ripping off Larry Niven with every keystroke?  Yep.
>>>
>>>      That show got way

>>> I don't think it was that non linear, and probably couldn't be much more
>>> linear given that it covered hundreds of years.
>>
>> True.  If it was linear storytelling then we would have had a first
>> season about abused little kids that had to run away from home.
>
> And then 250 years of nekkid Dichen building her sex empire.

Season #2 would probably be the two siblings separated with Dichen as a
part of Renee's rebel army and Kinnaman as part of the Stronghold
military needlecasting from place to place to wipe out rebels.

Season #3 would be the two siblings together working for the rebels.

Season #4 would have Dichen building her clone army while Kinnman rested.

> Wait.  Why don't we want this to be linear again?

....because you'd have to wait until season #4 for the clone army.