From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Freeform bleeping the word "sorry" for International Women's Day
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 12:29:37 -0700
In article <p7rual$gv$4@dont-email.me>,
 "Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWlwr_szeYs
>
> >SORRY, WE'RE #NOTSORRY
>
> >FREEFORM UNAPOLOGETICALLY CELEBRATES INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY ON
> >MARCH 8 BY BLEEPING OUT "SORRY" ACROSS ITS PLATFORMS
>
> >Freeform, Disney's young adult network, is celebrating International
> >Women's Day by launching the #NotSorry campaign across its linear and
> >social platforms, which will bleep out every time a woman says "sorry"
> >on-air. From 11:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST today, THURSDAY, MARCH
> >8, 2018, nearly 50 "sorrys" will be edited out, inspiring women to be
> >unapologetically bold, daring, confident and powerful. In the spirit
> >of International Women's Day, Freeform is encouraging its viewers to
> >raise their voices for equality.
>
> >Throughout the day, a #NotSorry meter will track the count on-air for
> >each omitted "sorry." Additionally, Freeform will ask fans to submit
> >what they are #NotSorry for across its social platforms. This campaign
> >amplifies Freeform's commitment to its tagline "a little forward,"
> >which continues to set itself apart from other content platforms by
> >delivering stories that energize and empower young adults to celebrate
> >the power of possibility and inclusivity.
>
> I hope producers sue their asses into bankruptcy for breach of contract.
> That's outrageous.

I hope they bleep out stuff like a woman saying 'sorry' after she
drunkenly runs down a bunch of nuns leading blind children through a
school crossing.

I also think there's no reason not to remove SQUIGGLE!!11!! from my
line-up.  It can keep USA company.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/