From: Your Name <>
Subject: Re: "Star Wars" live-action series adds Jon Favreau as writer
Full headers:
From: Your Name <>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 08:53:19 +1300
On 2018-03-08 18:11:17 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:
> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 9:12:33 AM UTC-8, Connor wrote:
>> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:21:57 AM UTC-8, David wrote:
>>> Jon Favreau to Executive Produce, Write Live-Action 'Star Wars' Series
>>> by Ryan Parker
>>> Jon Favreau is set to executive produce and write a  live-action Star
>>> Wars series, Disney announced Thursday.> >> > "I couldn't be more
>>> excited about Jon coming on board to produce and
>>> write for the new direct-to-consumer platform," Kathleen Kennedy,
>>> Lucasfilm president said in a statement. "Jon brings the perfect mix
>>> of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star
>>> Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a
>>> diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the
>>> opportunity to build a robust talent base."
>> Are they talking about TV or some streaming thing we'd have to pay for??
> The latter: no one is talking about putting this on ABC...  :/

Technially it could be both, eventually.

"Star Wars Rebels" is made for Disney's own channel (which here in New
Zealand is one of the Sky TV's channels), but the show does also
eventually play on one of the freely available Freeview normal TV
channels as well. The same happens with "Game of Thrones" and some
other shows.