From: icebreaker <>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2018-03-07 (Wednesday)
Full headers:
From: icebreaker <>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:06:36 -0500
On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 12:10:50 -0700, anim8rfsk<>

>In article <p7rbgg$qfq$>, Obveeus<>
>> What did you watch?
>So.  It's not horrible.  Hale is quite good in it.  She's also Lindy
>Booth skinny.  None of the dialog rings true - it sounds like overly
>clever writing making characters say the things they wish they had said
>but not thought of until the middle of the night.
>The idea that your beautiful Asian virgin doctor would try a treatment
>and then say "you're cured - not in remission cured - you've beaten
>cancer, it's gone" - especially without a 5 year wait or something - is
>absolutely ridiculous.  She went from 6 months to live (suffering from
>the type of cancer that smites yet does not wither) to ABSOLUTELY
>doctor visit to the next.  Paul Bryan should have been so lucky.
>They checked the PC boxes left and right.  Hale and her sister Beth are
>both married to men of color.  Mom's a lesbian.  Boss is black.  Doctor
>is Asian.  The two white males in her life - her father and brother -
>are both hapless idiots.  This is becoming tiresome fast.
>The premise is that now that Hale is ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY TOTALLY CURED
>NOT IN REMISSION CURED CURED CURED she now has to fix everybody else's
>life.  So her first mission is to fix her beautiful virgin Asian doctor
>up with her literal moron drug addict idiot worthless brother because -
>wait, what the fuck?  WHY?
>I wouldn't say you're stuffed absolutely clean full of wild blueberry
>muffins for liking it, but it's not for me.  One and done.

The setup was absurd with the cure and all. They had to get the show
on the road so I'll forgive them for that. It depends what they do
from here. It's probably going to be all in for SJW based on making
mom bi and all checkbox ticking, which will kill it for lots,
including me.