Next <
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Subject: Re: History drama "Six" returns May 28th
Full headers:
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:22:46 -0800
On 2018-03-08 21:25:44 +0000, Rhino said:

> On 2018-03-08 3:12 PM, David wrote:
>> ‘Six’: History’s Navy SEAL Drama Series Gets Season 2 Premiere Date
>> by Denise Petski
>> History has slotted Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 at 10 PM for a
>> special premiere of its hit Navy SEAL drama series Six. It also will
>> air a second new episode during its regular timeslot on Wednesday May
>> 30 at 10 PM.
>> Related'The Curse Of Civil War Gold' Premiere Hits Paydirt For History
>> From A+E Studios, the ten-episode second season follows Navy SEAL Team
>> Six in a mission to destroy the terrorist network responsible for the
>> shooting of their former team leader Richard “Rip” Taggart (Walton
>> Goggins). Led by Joe ‘Bear’ Graves (Barry Sloane), the Navy SEALS will
>> join forces with cunning and tenacious CIA officer Gina Cline, played
>> by newcomer Olivia Munn, to scour Eastern Europe, infiltrating hostile
>> territory and terrorist hotspots like Chechnya as they track the
>> mastermind behind Michael’s (Dominic Adams) jihadist network. The
>> chase will bring the Navy SEALs to the border of Russia, where the
>> consequences of their actions could spark World War III.
>> Also returning for season two are series regulars Kyle Schmid, Juan
>> Pablo Raba, Edwin Hodge, Jaylen Moore, Brianne Davis and Nadine
>> Velazquez. In addition to Munn, newcomers to season two include
>> previously announced Eric Ladin and Nikolai Nikolaeff and recurring
>> guest star, Erik Palladino.
> The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
> actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
> injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
> die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
> have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
> Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
> assuming he's left Six altogether.

IMDb is notoriously unreliable for info like this, but I am not
expecting Goggins to return in a main cast role in season #2 of this

Which is why I will almost certainly be skipping season #2 of "Six" -
"SEAL Team" is basically the same show, but done better, and a lot less
annoyingly than "Six" is...  ;p