From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Netflix Cancels 'House Of Cards', Says It's "Deeply Troubled" Over homo pedophile Kevin Spacey Claims
Full headers:
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.politics.clinton,sac.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:24:59 -0700
In article<XnsA81EBC90758DB6F089P2473@202.81.252.44>,
 "Leroy N. Soetoro"<leroysoetoro@bho-rejected.com> wrote:

> http://deadline.com/2017/10/house-of-cards-canceled-kevin-spacey-sc...
> netflix-season-six-1202197604/
>
> UPDATED with Netflix statement: As allegations of unwanted sexual advances
> in 1986 by Kevin Spacey against then-14-year-old Anthony Rapp have
> emerged, Netflix today decided to pull the plug on the Spacey-starring
> House of Cards after the upcoming sixth season next year.

They should just kill off Frank Underwood, have Claire assume the
presidency, then continue with the show.

> companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and
> crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported.

Oh, for crying out loud.

I'm really supposed to believe a bunch of teamsters and carpenters and
electricians are sitting around, curled into little balls, sucking their
thumbs and crying about feeling 'unsafe'?

> No word yet if the NYPD is looking into the Rapp claims
> that allegedly occurred in its jurisdiction.

Why would they? There's no dispute that it occurred 30+ years ago, which
puts it well outside the statute. And if it didn't, there's literally
zero evidence other than one guy's say-so. No prosecutor would even
consider bringing a 'beyond-a-reasonable-doubt' case against someone
based on just that.

> In what has been a career-defining and critically praised role, Spacey
> plays the manipulative and murderous now ex-President Francis Underwood in
> the Netflix series. Season 5 of the show ended with Robin Wright's Claire
> Underwood now in the Oval Office as America's first female POTUS as
> Spacey's Underwood resigned in disgrace.

Well, thanks for the damn spoiler, Deadline!