From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Netflix Cancels 'House Of Cards', Says It's "Deeply Troubled"Over homo pedophile Kevin Spacey Claims
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.politics.clinton,sac.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Netflix Cancels House Of Cards, Says Its "Deeply Troubled"
Over homo pedophile Kevin Spacey Claims
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 23:24:14 -0400
On 10/30/2017 10:24 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>   "Leroy N. Soetoro"<leroysoetoro@bho-rejected.com> wrote:
>
>> http://deadline.com/2017/10/house-of-cards-canceled-kevin-spacey-sc...
>> netflix-season-six-1202197604/
>>
>> UPDATED with Netflix statement: As allegations of unwanted sexual advances
>> in 1986 by Kevin Spacey against then-14-year-old Anthony Rapp have
>> emerged, Netflix today decided to pull the plug on the Spacey-starring
>> House of Cards after the upcoming sixth season next year.
>
> They should just kill off Frank Underwood, have Claire assume the
> presidency, then continue with the show.

Good idea.

>> companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and
>> crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported.
>
> Oh, for crying out loud.
>
> I'm really supposed to believe a bunch of teamsters and carpenters and
> electricians are sitting around, curled into little balls, sucking their
> thumbs and crying about feeling 'unsafe'?

It does sound silly.  I'm guessing that the more accurate version was
that they sent in legal teams to question everyone and determine whether
they have had any problems on their set (under their watch).  Now, if
nothing else, they have assured that Kevin Spacey will be a pariah on
set during this final season.

>> No word yet if the NYPD is looking into the Rapp claims
>> that allegedly occurred in its jurisdiction.
>
> Why would they? There's no dispute that it occurred 30+ years ago, which
> puts it well outside the statute. And if it didn't, there's literally
> zero evidence other than one guy's say-so. No prosecutor would even
> consider bringing a 'beyond-a-reasonable-doubt' case against someone
> based on just that.

Yep...and nothing Rapp actually said even suggested an assault occurred.

Likely, this is the 'tip of the iceberg', though, and the flood of other
complaints will follow (there have been 2 more already).  The police
will get involved if/when any of these complaints aren't in the distant
pass.  Weinstein and Cosby are in the same position, with most of the
complaints being dated and unprosecutable.  Meanwhile, the stuff his
brother said about their upbringing is just scary/sad...and likely telling.

>> In what has been a career-defining and critically praised role, Spacey
>> plays the manipulative and murderous now ex-President Francis Underwood in
>> the Netflix series. Season 5 of the show ended with Robin Wright's Claire
>> Underwood now in the Oval Office as America's first female POTUS as
>> Spacey's Underwood resigned in disgrace.
>
> Well, thanks for the damn spoiler, Deadline!

Ouch.  That sucks if you really didn't already watch the most recent
season.  As 'jump the shark' as the spoiler sounds (and yes, this was
the most far fetched season yet and had people wondering how much longer
the show could go on), it also has just a ton of crossover vibe with
what went on in the real election cycle.  Worth watching.