From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Weinstein fights dismissal, Weinstein co. pulls movie
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 22:15:02 -0700
In article <otgm4o$197$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/1/2017 11:27 PM, Obveeus wrote:
> >
> > On 11/1/2017 11:15 PM, RichA wrote:
> >> The Weinstein Company Pulls Horror Movie ‘Polaroid’ From November Release
> >>
> >> 31 October 2017 7:04 PM, PDT | Variety - Film News | See recent
> >> Variety - Film News news »
> >>
> >> The Weinstein Company has removed horror-thriller movie “Polaroid”
> >> from its Nov. 22 release date with no explanation.
> >
> > Explanations other than someone pointing out to them that Halloween is
> > in October...and that Thanksgiving weekend horrors usually involve
> > relatives and turkey?
> >

> >> Harvey Weinstein Contests Termination From The Weinstein Co. in
> >> Arbitration
> >>
> >> 5 hours ago | The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News | See recent The
> >> Hollywood Reporter - Movie News news »
> >>
> >> Harvey Weinstein has served a demand for arbitration on The Weinstein
> >> Co. and is challenging his termination. The demand was quietly filed
> >> at Jams on Oct. 25.
> >>
> >> The revelation comes in a footnote in court papers filed Wednesday in
> >> Delaware Chancery Court. There, Weinstein is demanding TWC hand over
> >> personnel and employment records.
> >>
> >> TWC has now responded to Weinstein's request for expedited treatment
> >> by attacking his lawsuit as "motivated by an improper, personal
> >> purpose" and "not in the Company's best interests for Weinstein to
> >> have immediate access to the documents sought."
> >
> > Um...really?  So the 'defense' doesn't have a right to access the
> > witnesses until after the 'prosecution' is done forming the narrative
> > for them?
> >
> > Arbitration seems like a good route if the company is to be spared total
> > implosion.
>
> Paz De La Huerta (BOARDWALK EMPIRE) is the latest woman to accuse Harvey
> Weinstein of rape...twice in 2010.  NYPD may bring charges in this case:
> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/boardwalk-empire-actress-clai...
> einstein-raped-her-twice-1054500
>
> (rec.arts.tv) added as a newsgroup.

Okay, so the first time, she invited him up to her apartment and he
raped her and she didn't tell anybody.

The second time, she invited him up to her apartment and did the deed
willingly, but is claiming she was too drunk to actually form consent.

Yeah, that's gonna be a tough prosecution.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/