Next <
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Thor: Ragnarok -- Fun movie
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 08:43:37 -0500
On 11/4/2017 1:50 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> Once again a flawless execution of the Marvel style: frequent bits of
> real humor embedded in a story about characters facing superhero level
> problems.
>
> I'd say it was easy since they've done it so many times, but apparently not
> as others seem unable.
>
> I'd say the only weak performance in the bunch was Cate Blanchett, but
> as she was mostly the Mcguffin that didn't really hurt the film.
>
> I did wonder: Where were the Warriors Three & Lady Sif during
> crucial events.

The Warriors Three were in this film...no Lady Sif, though.  Maybe she
was in Seattle drinking coffee with Jane Foster?

>  That's from a comic point of view though -- they haven't
> really figured too much in the movies.  Also I mostly read DC now, so
> I don't know the current state of play in the Marvel comic universe, but
> there was a pretty major event at the end of this installment that reminds
> me a bit of the Adams Star Trek reboot.
>
> Watch for the snake story.
>
> Thumbs up!

I agree with everything you wrote above.

THOR RAGNAROK:  The 2017 film that serves as the third entry in this
Marvel series.  Most of the main characters are invulnerable so the
fight scenes are cartoon-y, but the plot is entertaining and keeps
moving and all the actors (except Cate Blanchett) are up to the task of
their slightly campy roles.  The story fills in what our returning
characters have been up to the last couple of years.  Tessa Thompson
(WESTWORLD, VERONICA MARS) was a nice addition to the series.
Entertaining film and a good addition to the Marvel cinematic universe.