From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas & Spielberg Originally Wanted to Make Indiana Jones a ChildRapist
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Lucas & Spielberg Originally Wanted to Make Indiana Jones a Child
Rapist
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 23:49:15 -0500
On 11/6/2017 11:25 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article<ys2dnV-zHs8EuJzHnZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
><no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>>
>> Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
>> Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
>> ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
>> but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
>> discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
>> Kasdan)
>>
>> G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could
>> have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her
>> when she was eleven.
>>
>> L — And he was forty-two.
>>
>> G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real
>> strange relationship.
>>
>> S — She had better be older than twenty-two.
>>
>> G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five
>> and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at
>> the time.
>>
>> S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.
>>
>> G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is
>> interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen, it's not interesting anymore.
>> But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an
>> affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he--
>>
>> S — She has pictures of him.
>>
>> One thing that springs to mind is that this is a bit like the relationship
>> between Carol (14-year-old Mackenzie Phillips) and John Milner (Paul Le
>> Mat) who goes on a drag race against Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) in Lucas's
>> AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so this idea must have had some appeal to Lucas.
>>
>> The other is... blecccch.
>

> I have in mind the end of THE CANTERVILLE GHOST, the 1944 remake with
> Robert Young and Margaret O'Brien.  Young and O'Brien play distantly
> related cousins, both the descendants of a ghost that haunts O'Brien's
> castle.  At the very end, with the ghost liberated to seek his proper
> place in the hereafter, Young picks up seven-year-old O'Brien and holds
> her close in friendly fashion.  O'Brien says, very seriously, that
> she'll be old enough to marry him in, like, eleven years.  Young grins
> broadly (yep! he seems to be saying), the music swells, and the film
> goes to black.  Holy shit.

Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...