From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas & Spielberg Originally Wanted to Make Indiana Jones a ChildRapist
Full headers:
Subject: Re: Lucas & Spielberg Originally Wanted to Make Indiana Jones a Child
Rapist
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:04:41 -0500

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

>>> The kid was clearly annoyed, probably because he has heard jokes
>>> about his last name before.  I'm not sure this is the same kind of
>>> 'sexualizing children' that the model did to this kid (also a much
>>> reused joke common to society).  Patton Oswald's joke is aimed at the
>>> name/word, not the kid...but still in bad taste (which is what lots
>>> of comedy is all about).
>>
>> I'm not picking up that the kid was clearly annoyed.
>
> You couldn't detect sarcasm in the kid's voice when he thanked Oswalt
> for that comment?
>
>> Nor would I expect him to be, as the topic can hardly have taken
>> anyone by surprise.
>
> Really?  You don't think that it is surprising for the emcee to make fun
> of the kid's name and try and reference it to porn?

I've watched -- and tried to hear -- it several times now, and, no, I
can't divine any more than mock annoyance.  For one thing, the ambiance
was possibly the most congenial in which he's heard the joke.  I'd be
quite surprised to learn that his reaction was sincerely averse.

--

   YOUR taste at work...