From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Disney vs. LA Times
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:54:18 -0500
On 11/9/2017 9:26 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 11/8/2017 11:49 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> Lewis<g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
>>> In message
>>><137561359.531859799.215523.address_is-invalid.invalid@news.giganews.co

>>> If you think that it's OK for a multi-billion dollar company to try to
>>> pervert the news by punishing the press they don't like then you are
>>> very much mistaken.
>>
>> For all definitions of 'okay' equal to 'legal', no I am not mistaken.
>> What
>> Disney did by barring the Times from their own private events did not
>> violate any federal, state, county, or local law, statute, regulation or
>> constitutional provision.
>>
>> You may not like it or think it's 'okay', but Disney had every right
>> to do
>> it.
>>
>> The remedy, of course, is for all the other media outlets to boycott
>> Disney
>> in return, which is what they did, and which is what induced Disney to
>> back
>> down.
>
> The dismay is that Disney's barring the Times is plainly 'not okay' yet
> this fact was lost upon those controlling a multi-billion dollar public
> relations industry like Disney.  Their action resonates much too
> strongly with the modern theme of finding low IQs in high places.

What if those Disney people held a belief that the LA Times reporters
would simply use the review opportunity to bash the company's product as
part of a larger/further 'vendetta' to get back at the company for the
perceived damage they have done to Anaheim?

Side note:  The LA Times review for the latest THOR film is pretty
tepid...and dismissive in its obsession with THOR's hair.