From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD reshoots
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:45:36 -0500
On 11/9/2017 10:11 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou1pgj$5ao$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the sense
>>> that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a business, and a
>>> Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same box-office prospects as
>>> SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.
>>
>> One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the
>
> That's not Scott's decision to make.  The first thing decided when
> making a movie is the release date.  Everything else comes after.

Not really.  Release dates get pushed back all the time.  Part of the
problem here was in theaters (or the AFI festival at least) refusing to
show the film due to Spacey being in it.  If that problem spreads, then
the film cannot get awards consideration this year.  The rush here is
now to try and maintain that awards eligibility...as if next December
wouldn't be just as much of an awards season opportunity.

Maybe Ridley Scott is worried that his film would end up like GORE and
get yanked from any release date at all?