Subject: Re: ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD reshoots
Full headers:
From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 19:42:14 -0000 (UTC)
In message <ou1m87$a57$2@dont-email.me> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 12:54 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article<anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Let's start a petition to get them to never show SUPERGAYMAN RETURNS at
>>> all ever again.
>>>

>> Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin Hood"
>> and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?

> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
> that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
> blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
> re-shooting is a horrible precedent.

There were two choices available to Scott: 1) abandon the movie as it
was not going to be released in its current form. 2) reshoot.

You can argue about whether you think 1 *should* be the case, but that's
irrelevant, 1 *is* the case.

--
You could save people. You could get there in the nick of time. And
something could snap its fingers and say, no , it has to be that way.