From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: YOUR NAME (no spoilers)
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 09:57:54 -0500
On 12/1/2017 9:53 AM, moviePig wrote:

> A high-school boy and girl, miles apart, find they've switched bodies.
> The hand-drawn fantasy drama YOUR NAME is more than rewarding to look
> at, as both the complexity and scope of its story are a year or two
> above the adolescent demo typical of anime.  Fans of this stuff may well
> be (and apparently are) thrilled.  For me, though, a couple more years
> of age-level are needed for an entry in this genre be an unqualified
> must-see.  Admittedly, those twain may never meet.  Mostly recommended.

What I wrote last month:
YOUR NAME.:  A 2016 animated feature from Japan.  The story starts off
looking like it will follow one of those standard film tropes/themes
that we have seen a dozen or more times before.  It does take a bit of a
sci-fi (and I use that term loosely) twist and adds some depth as it
goes.  The animation here is a bit generic feeling, but it is certainly
well done.  The story feels abridged at times, as though they wanted to
keep the film under 2 hours and had to cut some transitional bits for
time.  Still, this is a good film and certainly worth watching,
especially for those looking for family friendly fare.  The IMDB score
stands at 8.5 and this film earned over $350million at the box office
even though it was limited to only $5million domestically.  I have to
attribute the US non-interest as a product of the film choosing not to
use a bunch of famous American actors as voice cast.  Well, that and the
tiny FUNimation studio backing.