From: hector <bobble@there.com>
Subject: Re: Critic says TV superhero franchise better than big-screen version
From: hector <bobble@there.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 08:49:03 +1100
On 2/12/2017 1:39 AM, Michael OConnor wrote:
> I know the special effects weren't in the same ballpark, but I still preferred the 70's TV version
of the Incredible Hulk to either of the Hulk movies.  I think the TV show was able to convey the
story of a man on the run with a one of a kind problem, who had a big heart and went out of his way
to help people and it always got him in trouble. Another thing I find interesting today that I was
too young to realize back then is that it was set against the backdrop of the Carter recession and
dealt with a transient man who was constantly trying to find menial work in America and barely
getting by and he was working different low-level jobs every week.

I always liked the 70s Incredible Hulk pilot which I seeked out on dvd.