From: ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <@ednolan>
Subject: Re: Critic says TV superhero franchise better than big-screen version
Full headers:
From: ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: 2 Dec 2017 01:00:40 GMT
In article <ovstlj$1v6p$2@gioia.aioe.org>, Alan Smithee<alms@last.inc> wrote:
>On 12/01/2017 03:03 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Just started watching The Flash, not brilliant but watchable.
>>> I remember another series of The Flash years ago that I liked.
>
>> Starting with the classic Batman animated series, DC has generally done
>> better with animation than their live action movies.
>>
>> Maybe they should give those directors the nod for the next live movie..
>>
>> (Though admittedly the recent animated Batman/Harley Quinn movie was
>> a misfire with some good segments)
>
>I missed that movie, what's the title?

In this case, pretty easy: "Batman And Harley Quinn"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_and_Harley_Quinn

I saw it in the theater as a "Fathom Event".  Some pretty amusing setup
bits with tracking down Harley and Nightwing (grown up Robin) having
a fling with her after which she dumps him all the while claiming he's
dumping her.  The A plot is not very compelling though, gets the Harley/Ivy
dynamic wrong and totally wastes Swamp Thing.
--
------
columbiaclosings.com