Next <
Subject: Re: 2017 R.A.M.C-F Movie Ratings
Full headers:
From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 14:04:38 -0000 (UTC)
In message<super70s-2E4D8C.01031105122017@reader.albasani.net> super70s<super70s@super70s.invalid>
wrote:
> In article<c95e3636-8087-466b-a13e-56b6d5c7c0fd@googlegroups.com>,
>  Michael OConnor<mpoconnor7@aol.com> wrote:

>> That being said, Gandhi was a better movie than the Best Picture winner
>> from the year before, Chariots of Fire, which had no business winning over
>> Raiders of the Lost Ark IMO.

> I've never been a fan of COF or Raiders, I would've picked On Golden
> Pond or even Atlantic City over either of them (Reds is worth a watch
> every now and then but I've never been that crazy about it).

Raiders is a very good film, artfully made. It may well be Spielberg's
best film. It is vastly underrated because it's an action/adventure, so
is immediately dismissed from even the possibility of being art.

--
And, while it was regarded as pretty good evidence of criminality to be
living in a slum, for some reason owning a whole street of them merely