From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF CARING (no spoilers)
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 13:55:24 -0500
On 12/5/2017 1:28 PM, moviePig wrote:

> Trying to re-balance his own life, Paul Rudd takes a job as the
> professional caregiver to an 18-year-old wiseacre paraplegic.  THE
> FUNDAMENTALS OF CARING is more snappy than sappy, staying mercifully dry
> through the maudlin swamps this kind of comedy invariably must
> negotiate.  However, its story is also a rather slight one -- making the
> flick, though quite agreeable, not compulsory.  Mostly recommended.

My response back in mid 2016 was:
QUOTE:
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF CARING:  A 2016 film based upon a book.  Paul Rudd
stars as a caregiver to Craig Roberts and both men are rather grumpy
about their lives.  In time, they take a road trip and along the way
meet Selena Gomez, Bobby Cannavale, and Megan Ferguson.  For a drama
about illness and loss and such, this film had a lot of humor and was
worth watching.  Additionally, there was one plot twist that hit much
harder because of recent stories in the news.
:UNQUOTE

....and now, for the life of me, I cannot remember the 'plot twist' that
had to do with recent news stories.