From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: Re: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF CARING (no spoilers)
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 13:56:55 -0500
On 12/5/2017 1:37 PM, william ahearn wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 1:28:05 PM UTC-5, moviePig wrote:
>> Trying to re-balance his own life, Paul Rudd takes a job as the
>> professional caregiver to an 18-year-old wiseacre paraplegic.  THE
>> FUNDAMENTALS OF CARING is more snappy than sappy, staying mercifully dry
>> through the maudlin swamps this kind of comedy invariably must
>> negotiate.  However, its story is also a rather slight one -- making the
>> flick, though quite agreeable, not compulsory.  Mostly recommended.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.arts.movies.current-films/...

....when a movie not fucking up makes it a standout.  Rudd's persona is
usually a quiet one anyway, and here he almost vanishes even when he's
onscreen.  Deliberate and generous, I think.  (I thought he'd even taken
second billing, but no, he merely shared the top.)

--

   YOUR taste at work...