From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Subject: Re: Rotten Tomatoes Under Fire For "Justice League" Review
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 14:22:45 -0600
Lewis<g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
> In message<bbb19175-1092-400f-92fa-af866430182e@googlegroups.com> Ed
> Stasiak<estasiak@att.net> wrote:
>>> Lewis

>>> Either way, has *nothing* to do with the 1st Amendment.
>
>> “More than just a kerfuffle over one superhero movie, the incident raises
>> larger questions about the relationship between reviewers and the public,
>> the editorial objectivity of aggregators and how much studios should be
>> _empowered to control the pre-release messaging_ of their films.”
>
>> The above implies the studios have some kinda right to control what
>> movie critics say about their flicks and that IS a 1st Amendment issue.
>
> No it is not. Not in any imaginable way.

You apparently have a very limited imagination. It would be a 1st Amendment
issue because if the studios are indeed asserting a right to control what
movie critics say about their product, then the implication is that if it's
a right, it must be guaranteed and enforced by the government or its a
meaningless as a right. And the idea of the government enforcing such
nonsense is indeed a 1st Amendment issue.