> Prev
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: ATOMIC BLONDE (no spoilers)
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 12:36:52 -0500
ATOMIC BLONDE is based on a graphic novel, 'The Coldest City' -- to me a
much more appealing title.  I haven't read that book, but I suspect its
rename means to promote the larger-than-fiction, world-altering presence
of star and co-producer Charlize Theron.  As a male possessed of two
eyes, I do like Ms. Theron, even enough to bear her slightly smug
winsomeness.  But this action-packed spy thriller never deviates from
its mission of showcasing her screenly virtues (...including a bunch of
abjectly self-conscious peek-a-boob shots).  To be sure, there's a
stellar supporting cast, as well as tracking-shots to defy the senses --
but they never feel like more than accessories.  For production value,
and for the (as I said) likeable Charlize, AB is modestly recommended.

   YOUR taste at work...