From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Will Smith's "Bright" a disaster in the making
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 22:29:49 -0500

https://www.google.ca/search?source=hp&ei=R148WqGxDMSpjwSYt7uICw...

>>> Can't even find it on Rottentomatoes.com which is very interesting.  Paid-off to bury it?
>>
>> I'll skip making the obvious joke about why you cannot find BRIGHT.
>>
>> https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bright
>
> Not there when I looked.

Odd since it was there a day before your post when I looked.

As for the film, it is much better than the rottentomato reviews would
have you believe.  Perhaps the film side of the reviewer world is still
smarting from the idea that evil Netflix will convince people to watch
films in the comfort of their own home instead of the theater?  BRIGHT
is not the crime procedural I feared it might be.  It is a bit of
sci-fi, but it is just as much alt.history as sci-fi.  Mostly, though,
it is a buddy cop flick in the vein of 40 HOURS or BEVERLY HILLS COP.  I
know some reviewers don't like the idea of sci-fi having any nudity or
swear words, but really there isn't even much of that...and certainly
not so much that it should have been a problem for sci-fi viewers.
Maybe they were worried about their 8 year old kid's fragile ears and
eyes?  Whatever the case, the film is entertaining and manages a bit of
funny and a bit of social preaching.  Some of the transitions are a bit
rough and the fight sequences are definitely a bit too filled with quick
cuts and wire work and such, but the plot is solid enough and does its
job creating characters and a world that is interesting and in focus
enough to warrant a sequel.