Next <
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: "Bright"
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 13:04:31 -0500
On 12/26/2017 12:56 PM, reilloc wrote:
> On 12/21/2017 7:24 PM, RichA wrote:
>> (moronic shit, deleted)
>
> I watched this on Netflix on Sunday and it wasn't terrible but there was
> something missing. I think it was the writing that really wasn't quite
> there. Maybe it was how they dealt with the subject of magic:
> inconsistent, like they'd never really thought about it, how it would
> work, what it would be in this alternate universe.
>
> Yeah, I really kinda think that that's it.
>
> Watch it and tell me what you think.

The magic in this film seems to be limited to some specific bit of
'technology', an unexplained device, that one being/group is working to
control so that they can rule the world...a plotline that seems to be as
much based upon religion as anything else...and not far removed from
those 'infinity stones' in the Marvel Universe.