From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Subject: Re: Any technical advances in 2017?
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 10:11:35 +1300
On 2017-12-28 14:23:20 +0000, moviePig said:
> On 12/28/2017 12:35 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>>
>> Did anything interesting happen with movie-tech in 2017?
>>
>> Also, not advances, but
>>
>> 	Did we get any HFR in 2017?
>>
>> 	How about non-converted 3D?
>
> I don't recall any native 3D -- including, surprisingly, STAR WARS.
<snip>

That's at least partly because the Director, Rian Johnson, apprently
hates 3D ... one fo the very few things he actually got right for the
movie. Reportedly some scenes in The Last Jedi were filmed in IMAX
format though, but not 3D IMAX.

Of course, the morons at Disney have 3D-erised the movie, so it'll look
even worse than if it was actually filmed in 3D ... although, the
cardboard cut-out effect of 3D-erisation will "complement" the
cardboard acting of some of the cast!