From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Subject: Re: Any technical advances in 2017?
Full headers:
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 13:39:25 +1300
On 2017-12-28 21:56:42 +0000, RichA said:
> On Thursday, 28 December 2017 00:35:39 UTC-5, Ted Nolan <tednolan>  wrote:
>>
>> Did anything interesting happen with movie-tech in 2017?
>
> VR wearable contrivances are headed for the same dumpster as 3D TV?

Not quite.

3D TV, like 3D movies, is completely useless and pointless. With or
without needing to wear silly glasses, it's nothing but a gimmick.

VR does have /some/ good uses, but I don't see VR (nor AR) ever being
as big of a deal as many people are making it out to be. I can see VR
being popular with hard-core gamers (those willing to spend many
thousands of dollars on gear and games) and in also to a degree some
business environments (such as architecture).