Subject: Re: How much does Hollywood pay police to conduct fake investigations?
Full headers:
From: shawn <nanoflower@notformailgmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 13:50:51 -0500

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

>> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
>> footing the bill.
>
>I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
>more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
>than that they're botching it now.
>
>FWIW...

At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence and he's being
the last person to see her alive sounds like what I heard years ago so
that's not exactly new. Given that the suspicion was that she fell
overboard (and I think the drug screen showed that she had been
drinking along with everyone else) it wouldn't be that surprising that
she could have fallen overboard and no one noticed right away.

That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
Wagner would have killed her. Seems that motive would be a big point
in trying to move a cold case forward.