From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: How much does Hollywood pay police to conduct fakeinvestigations?
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: How much does Hollywood pay police to conduct fake
investigations?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 14:58:59 -0500

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

>>> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
>>> footing the bill.
>>
>> I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
>> more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
>> than that they're botching it now.
>>
>> FWIW...
>
> At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence

....and therein lies the problem.  They have nothing to investigate
beyond reading through what they had decades ago and coming to the same
conclusion.  Way too many of these 'reopened investigations' are simply
prompted by a book or movie of the week or whatever shining a spotlight
on an unsolved crime (for their own profit) and getting the police to
cooperate in publicizing the show.

> That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
> Wagner would have killed her.

I heard that they wanted to know if she would float.

> Seems that motive would be a big point
> in trying to move a cold case forward.

With the current climate, they can simply say he got drunk and sexually
assaulted her and then killed her so she couldn't go on the talkshow
circuit and talk about it...and everyone will believe it.