From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: How much does Hollywood pay police to conduct fake investigations?
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 13:14:29 -0700
In article <p4vri5$oon$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 2/1/2018 1:50 PM, shawn wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:06:13 -0800, Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid>
> > wrote:

> >> I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
> >> more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
> >> than that they're botching it now.
> >>
> >> FWIW...
> >
> > At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence
>
> ...and therein lies the problem.  They have nothing to investigate
> beyond reading through what they had decades ago and coming to the same
> conclusion.  Way too many of these 'reopened investigations' are simply
> prompted by a book or movie of the week or whatever shining a spotlight
> on an unsolved crime (for their own profit) and getting the police to
> cooperate in publicizing the show.
>
> > That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
> > Wagner would have killed her.
>
> I heard that they wanted to know if she would float.

Oh, God.  I actually said that joke when telling the first person I saw
that day about it.  Made it up myself too although obviously there was a
lot of independent creation on that one.

> > Seems that motive would be a big point
> > in trying to move a cold case forward.
>
> With the current climate, they can simply say he got drunk and sexually
> assaulted her and then killed her so she couldn't go on the talkshow
> circuit and talk about it...and everyone will believe it.

Same notation for the real killer, Walken.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/