From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: "Passion of Christ 2: The Resurrection" will probably do $1B
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 16:18:29 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Friday, 2 February 2018 03:38:44 UTC-5, bermuda999  wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 8:28:49 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> > With Christians and their values under siege from Muslims, homosexuals, leftists, progressives,
feminists, it's likely such a movie will draw them in.  Likely the budget will be higher than $30M
this time though.  Caviezel is back as Jesus.

> > http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/passion-...
> > son-jim-caviezel-jesus-resurrection-a8187051.html
>
> Christians are not under siege any more than Jews, Muslims, and gays. Conservatives love to foster
the siege mentality to drum up votes, political support from believers in fairy tales, consolidate
racist, sexist, homophobic, and jingoistic fervor, and, of course, make money.

> Could a sequel make $1 billion (US) worldwide? Of course it could. Shit, "It" has taken in over
$700 million worldwide so far, and the fictional lead character in "It" still isn't as well known as
the fictional lead character in "The Passion of the Christ"

 I thought "It," like "Get Out," was overrated anyway.  Don't forget, "mediocre in the extreme"
superhero movies regularly do in the high hundreds of millions today as well.  But if Gibson keeps
the same production structure, it means HE gets nearly all the money. I am wondering though, will
Hollywood's Jewish production element want in this time, given there probably won't be as much blame
laid at their feet as in the first movie?  They more or less boycotted the first movie.