Next <
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Subject: Re: "Passion of Christ 2: The Resurrection" will probably do $1B
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 03:57:40 -0600
On 2/2/18 6:18 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 2 February 2018 03:38:44 UTC-5, bermuda999  wrote:
>> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 8:28:49 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>>> With Christians and their values under siege from Muslims, homosexuals, leftists, progressives,
feminists, it's likely such a movie will draw them in.  Likely the budget will be higher than $30M
this time though.  Caviezel is back as Jesus.

>>> http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/passion-...
>>> son-jim-caviezel-jesus-resurrection-a8187051.html
>>
>> Christians are not under siege any more than Jews, Muslims, and gays. Conservatives love to
foster the siege mentality to drum up votes, political support from believers in fairy tales,
consolidate racist, sexist, homophobic, and jingoistic fervor, and, of course, make money.

>> Could a sequel make $1 billion (US) worldwide? Of course it could. Shit, "It" has taken in over
$700 million worldwide so far, and the fictional lead character in "It" still isn't as well known as
the fictional lead character in "The Passion of the Christ"

>   I thought "It," like "Get Out," was overrated anyway.

Compared to what?