From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: THE SQUARE (no spoilers)
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 13:49:06 -0500
About 2 meters on each of its glowing edges, THE SQUARE is an artwork
embedded into the sidewalk in front of a Scandinavian museum -- intended
to delineate a space of perfect communication, cooperation, and
compassion.  This flick, meanwhile, spends its 140 minutes throwing
feces at such pretentiousness.  (Chimpanzees figure lightly into the
proceedings.)  The plot mostly follows the humorous ordeals of a
forty-ish museum director as he juggles collisions between art,
principle, and the trials of daily life.  Though I didn't emerge with a
clear takeaway (if there was one), I can report many watchable
sequences, and the abiding sense of an eccentric intelligence at work.
Mostly recommended.

--

   YOUR taste at work...