From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Another "New York" movie...
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 19:50:42 -0800 (PST)
From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:20:47 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> See?  They even have to put a drawing of N.Y. on the box to remind you you have to see it because
it's "New York" and they are "your kind of people."  There isn't any description of the characters
but I'd bet the guy is in something to do with publishing, public relations, or a writer.  People
criticize superhero or other genre movies for being cookie-cutter, but New York movies are the worst
example of that.

> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6119856/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Right on! And why do all those "Over-The-Rainbow/OZ" genre movies have to happen in Emerald City?
Is it because most of those movies are made in OZ and Emerald City is the largest city there? Is it
because there is a mystique about Emerald City that has engendered a lot of common themes and
almost-human traits that have caused us to almost anthropomorphize that one city?  Is it because
Emerald City is the city that never sleeps? Is it because if you can make it in Emerald City you can
make it anywhere? Melt away those little town blues, Rich.