> Prev
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: GOD'S OWN COUNTRY (no spoilers)
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 11:46:20 -0500
Two young men, tending sheep in a picturesque mountainous setting,
discover their forbidden physical attraction for each other.  No, this
time it's Scotland, and, truth be told, GOD'S OWN COUNTRY is very much
its own -- and quite watchable -- film.  (Its arrestingly graphic
sequences all have to do with care of animals.)  Still, although it
doesn't feel like a "gay-normative" flick, I can't pinpoint what
narrative function the sexual orientation serves -- Montagues and
Capulets, maybe.  Regardless, GOC is well-executed, and recommended.

--

   YOUR taste at work...