Next <
From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Another "New York" movie...
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 16:21:05 -0800 (PST)
From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 2:47:51 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 February 2018 22:50:47 UTC-5, bermuda999  wrote:
> > On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:20:47 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> > > See?  They even have to put a drawing of N.Y. on the box to remind you you have to see it
because it's "New York" and they are "your kind of people."  There isn't any description of the
characters but I'd bet the guy is in something to do with publishing, public relations, or a writer.
 People criticize superhero or other genre movies for being cookie-cutter, but New York movies are
the worst example of that.

> > > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6119856/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
> >
> > Right on! And why do all those "Over-The-Rainbow/OZ" genre movies have to happen in Emerald
City?   Is it because most of those movies are made in OZ and Emerald City is the largest city
there? Is it because there is a mystique about Emerald City that has engendered a lot of common
themes and almost-human traits that have caused us to almost anthropomorphize that one city?  Is it
because Emerald City is the city that never sleeps? Is it because if you can make it in Emerald City
you can make it anywhere? Melt away those little town blues, Rich.

> Vegas never sleeps either.  ALL New York movies deal with the same kind of person, so so much for
it being a diverse city.

Okay, there is your starting premise: "ALL New York movies deal with the same kind of person".

Now here is a list of movies set in New York:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_in_New_York_City

Make your point.