From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: The Cloverfield Paradox
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 17:14:06 -0500

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/02/the-clover...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/5/16976184/cloverfield-paradox-revie...

>>> Damning because it is an original story idea then got a retro-fitted
>>> name/gimmick tacked on to sell it to the masses?
>>
>> Yes.  Add that to the assertion that it was shelved forever before
>> escaping online and it does sound like a perpetual second-choice.
>>
>> (Also, I liked the Cloverfield movies, and hate the blatant branding.)
>>

> Are you guys thinking we're talking about art here?

Well, for me, nothing in the 'horror' genre is art.  My point was more
along the lines of the fact that this CLOVERFIELD film looks to be every
bit as good as the supernatural horror options served up in theaters
over the last few months.