From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
Subject: Re: The Cloverfield Paradox
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 00:01:16 -0800 (PST)
From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 9:49:37 AM UTC-5, moviePig wrote:
> On 2/5/2018 8:48 PM, bermuda999 wrote:
> > On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 6:03:53 AM UTC-5, Greg Singh wrote:
> >> Doesn't sound too good:
> >>
> >> https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/feb/05/the-cloverfield-paradox...
> >

> > As mentioned in your link, it was originally a cheap sci-fi movie called "God Particle"
unrelated to Cloverfield. It was retro-fitted with references to Cloverfield.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/02/the-clover...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/5/16976184/cloverfield-paradox-revie...

> This kind of info is what we pay you for.  Many thanks for the two hours
> I'd never get back...
>
> --

I'd hate to be the reason you missed out on all the "Cloververse" real and imagined connections and
Easter eggs (and apparently a Big Sync).

That said, here is a quote from the writer of the original spec script for "God Particle", Oren
Uziel:

“It was written before 10 Cloverfield Lane and the expanded Cloverfield universe even existed as a
thing. It was a spec that I wrote probably a year or so after Shimmer Lake, so it definitely existed
as its own science-fiction. And then after years of, you know how scripts kind of hang
around—people like them but for whatever reason they decided to make it and then suddenly
everything fell into place with J.J. [Abrams], Bad Robot, and Paramount. I don’t know exactly when
it became a Cloverfield movie, but I suspect in this current market where it’s just harder and
harder to market an original movie of any kind, a science-fiction movie in particular, but I think
everyone just knew if it fits—and it does—into that Cloverfield world, it should, and it can
only help.”

and they are apparently pushing the idea that this was just a one-time deal with Netflix, and that
future Clover installments (including the upcoming "Overlord") will be in theaters