From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: NOCTURNE (no spoilers)
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 10:41:07 -0500
On 2/7/2018 9:18 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 2/6/2018 10:59 PM, Obveeus wrote:

>>> I go into each movie pursuing a glimmer of hope.  But a movie being
>>> blatantly painted over to ride another's coattails snuffs that out.
>>
>> By 'painted over', I guess you me rewrite draft of a script?
>>
>> Side note:  the last CLOVERFIELD film (10 CLOVERFIELD LANE) was also a
>> rewrite of a different spec film script (THE CELLAR).
>
> If tCP was merely a rewrite, i.e., was "Cloverfield"ed before the
> cameras ever rolled, that'd make a difference to me.  But I thought it
> was filmed, shelved, and then re-titled with extreme prejudice.

 From wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloverfield_Paradox

QUOTE:
The film was shot in Los Angeles, California, where it received tax
credits under the state's film incentive program.[19] While filming in
Los Angeles, the project was shot under the titles of God Particle and
Clean Pass.[20] Filming began on June 10, 2016 and wrapped on September
23, 2016.[17] According to Uziel, it was during production that he came
to learn that the film was being connected to Cloverfield, requiring him
to rewrite a few scenes and added addition shooting.[9] Uziel speculated
that the decision to connect to Cloverfield was due to the difficulty in
marketing a stand-alone science-fiction film at the time, and felt the
connection between the films was more of an anthology series similar to
The Twilight Zone, with each movie dealing with how people with complex
relations deal with a other-worldly dilemma.[9]
:UNQUOTE

That paragraph would appear to me to indicate that the rewriting and
filming of CLOVERFIELD tie-in stuff occurred during the original filming
of the project.  there is other stuff at the link that hints that the
script sat around for a few years before any filming began (probably
because most scripts do and because of studio/ownership changes).  Also,
after filming, the link explains some delay in release as they worked on
an ARG video game tie-in and wrung their hands about how the high cost
of the film would prevent it from becoming a theatrical success.