From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: The Cloverfield Paradox
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 08:36:40 -0500
On 2/8/2018 4:39 PM, moviePig wrote:

> Regardless of its D&B rating, I maintain that Netflix is perceived as
> the upstart innovator -- the "indie", if you like -- when it comes to
> programming.  Nobody says, "Here's a good story I hope CBS picks up."

People certainly expect Netflix to act more like HBO than even like
cable TV.  Netflix isn't going to have to worry about nudity and
violence, much less naughty words.  Netflix isn't going to have to worry
about keeping advertisers pleased.  And yes, Netflix has surpassed HBO
in terms of offering viewers up content without worrying about whether
or not they are capable of reading (subtitles) and Netflix has surpassed
HBO in terms of offering variety of programming and in terms of
*slightly* freeing up the confines of tv show runtime.