From: RichA <>
Subject: Re: "Annihilation" Reviewer's criticism is like mine, people displayno sense of wonder
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:49:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "Annihilation" Reviewers criticism is like mine, people display
no sense of wonder
From: RichA <>
On Friday, 23 February 2018 23:43:40 UTC-5, Obveeus  wrote:
> On 2/23/2018 10:55 PM, RichA wrote:
> > I've mentioned this before.  In scifis and horrors, people are often confronted with the
fantastic, but unlike real humans, very few ever display a sense of fascinated curiosity or
excitement.  Most are just scared.  Their reactions are uncharacteristic of how humans would act.
Why is that? There is nothing interesting about lack of interest.

> demonstrate nearly every day right here on Usenet that you
> are scared of just about everything different that you are confronted
> with.  When have you ever demonstrated a 'sense of wonder' about
> anything beyond wondering why people don't agree with you?

Here?!  Sense of wonder about what?  I read every day and am fascinated by new things in
science.  This really isn't the venue.