From: trotsky <>
Subject: Re: "The Big Sick"
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: trotsky <>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 03:38:25 -0600
On 2/25/18 3:06 PM, alvey wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 14:40:29 -0600, trotsky wrote:
>>> Two other noteworthy aspects of it were that there was a complete absence
>>> of; a) super-powered comic book characters, and b) gun play. Over the last
>>> few days I watched; Cold in July, Wind River and the infinitely idiotic
>>> John Wick. America, can you see a nexus?
>>> The Big Sick isn't actually a very good movie. Its plot is predictable,
>>> both the acting and dialogue are mediocre, it is the rarity of its type
>>> that makes it appear better than it is.
>> You must have seen a different movie than me.  Several lines were LOL
>> funny, such as "a dog with a boner" and "we lost nineteen of our best
>> guys", and those are just two I can name off the top of my head.  And
>> what happened to his erstwhile girlfriend came completely out of left
>> field.  As for the acting, Ray Romano and Holly Hunter is fantastic, but
>> since they rarely give out Oscars for comedies they weren't recognized.
>> Then there was the glimpse into Pakistani culture, which was woven into
>> the story seamlessly.  But, if you had only watched action and dramas
>> previously it could be you don't like Judd Apatow type comedies.
> Hmmm. "Judd Apatow type comedies" is bloody close to an oxymoron.

Interesting.  You lack a point of reference, though, any fucking moron
with a keyboard and an ISP can say everything is shit, but for some
reason they all lack the brains and the balls to tell us what's good.
So far, as near as I can tell, you have no sense of humor whatsoever and
wouldn't know a comedy if it smacked you in your brain dead cranium.
Your mileage may vary though.  Now let's see if you can grow a spine and
give us a list of the comedies you think are "funny".